Sunday, July 22, 2012

All fruit smoothie!

Today I decided to make a fruit smoothie with some fruit that we had here at the house and I decided to take pictures while I made it to make a blog post about it. Kind of like a "how to" type of post to help you and show you how simple it is to make one! Not only does it taste great it is also great for you. This is probably one of the most healthiest "meals" you can have. Not to mention, when you are done, there is not a lot of work involved when it comes to cleaning up!

Prep Time: 5-10 minutes

1st step: Decide what fruits you want to use. You can use any fruits that you like, it doesn't have to be the same ones that I use here. Today I decided to use strawberries, blueberries, bananas, oranges and apples.
2nd Step: Cut up your fruits to small cubes if possible and peel off any skin or excess that you will not eat/drink.


No need to cut up the blueberries since they are already small in size.

3rd Step: Place all of your cut up fruits in the blender and add 1 cup of crushed ice. If you do not have access to crushed ice, simply place some ice cubes in a plastic bag, wrap a towel around the bag and crush.

4th Step: Blend all of your fruit and ice until you get a nice smooth mix. Add bananas to the mix. I like doing this after blending the fruits together because the banana tends to stick to the blades when mixed in first.
5th Step: This step is optional. I started doing this to help use the smoothie as a meal replacement. If you do not wish to do this, it is perfectly fine also. I am using some strawberry flavored protein that I bought at GNC.
6th Step: Blend everything together very well. I usually let the blender run for a minute straight to ensure that all of the ingredients have mixed enough to where I am not tasting one ingredient more than the others.
Last Step: Relax and enjoy your healthy meal or snack!
Thanks for reading! Until next time, stay focused, stay strong and stay positive!


No comments:

Post a Comment